Saturday, January 27, 2007

Find Your Inspiration

IMG_8625

It takes vigilance to stay fit and strong, and to keep motivated. If you are inspired, you will always find the desire to stay with it. Inspiration can be found anywhere if you’re looking for it--in a person, a movie, a song.

When I look for the beauty in others, I always see it, and I find inspiration in that. I find it in the feeling I get when I help someone. When I’m stressed, I channel that into my workout and leave it behind. I find inspiration in that. I find it in words--turn your weakness into strength, turn your pain into motivation, your frustration into determination, your fear into inspiration.
I find inspiration in the love for my sport, in always challenging myself, seeing the growth and improvement, the exhilaration I feel after training, enduring the pain, feeling exhausted yet uplifted. It is like being reborn everyday.

Here is the paradox: because I am so driven, there is always a sense of failure in training, because in my mind it is never good enough. Of course I find great rewards in it, but I will always strive to be better … bigger, better, stronger, faster … that’s what keeps me going. I think sometimes that’s what holds people back, because they’re afraid to fail while training, but you will always fail when you keep pushing the limit, but that is the only way to get better. If it was easy, what would be the point of doing it?

What inspires you? What drives you? What keeps you going?

I hope you’re going to participate in the 16 WEEK challenge with me and Erik!

Stay strong and stay tuned!

Dallas
Copyright 2007-2009 Dallas Malloy

No comments: