Thursday, January 4, 2007

Turn Your Weakness into Strength

IMG_8570


Preparation for this year’s bodybuilding competition is underway. I competed for the first time last year and was very happy with my results, but I look forward to the slow unveiling during the cutting (dieting) process starting in a couple months to see the improvements I have made. I look forward to sharing this grueling and exhilarating process with you. What makes this even more exciting for me is the owner of my gym told me he wants to get in the best shape of his life and I’m going to help him do it. I am certain he will be successful using the same winning strategies I use.

The official start will be in March, when I begin the cutting process where I will get as lean as possible. 90% of my results will come from the food intake.

I challenge you to join with us, to reach your own personal fitness goals. There is power in numbers; it helps to know you’re not alone. The reason most people fall short of reaching their fitness goals is often NOT because they are lazy or weak-willed, but because they don’t have the tools or strategies to get there. We live in a fast paced world, addicted to instant gratification and a quick fix for everything. But reaching your fitness goals, whatever they are—weight loss, muscle gain, athletic competition--takes time, patience and persistence. You can do it! And when you get there, it means so much more than if it had happened overnight. I encourage you to commit to yourself to start making changes, one thing at a time.

My life has been about overcoming obstacles, facing fears, and becoming stronger because of it. Turn Your Weakness into Strength means this: in the gym, we all have weak points. I used to hate training legs and abs, so I decided I would do it until I liked it, until I changed my mind about it. I would conquer it. Guess what? Legs and abs turned into strong points. And in life, we all have fears and demons. When I hit my bottom with my alcoholism, I asked for help and found great strength, and an untapped source of compassion and ability to help others. Being a Personal Trainer is one of the many ways I am able to utilize this.

The only limits are the ones we place upon ourselves.

Stay strong, and stay tuned!



Copyright 2007-2009 Dallas Malloy

No comments: